These pebble picture magnets make great small gifts, or you can just make them to treat yourself. There are so many different design possibilities; you can use patterned paper, photos or even newspaper clippings to spell out a message or someone's name. They are truly amazing, because the image on the back of each pebble is quite small but the glass magnifies it so it's easy to see.
1. Place your glass pebble on top of the paper/photo image that you want to show through the pebble, and draw around it with a pencil.
2. Cut-out the drawn shape inside the pencil line. The paper must only fit on the flat part of the back of the pebble, it is essential that there are no loose paper edges, so the paper will need trimming to fit correctly (remember to keep your image central so that you don't cut any of it away).
3. Spread a thin layer of Mod-Podge or PVA glue over the flat back of the pebble and carefully position the paper face down on top of it, pressing into place & smoothing out any creases.
4. Brush a thin layer of Mod-Podge or PVA over the paper back & edges to seal it (carefully wipe off any excess that goes on the pebble with a tissue) and then leave to dry.
5. Squirt a dollop of strong metal/glass glue in the centre of the paper backed pebble and press a magnet into it. Leave the glue to dry.
6. Place your magnet on something metal (like the fridge or a storage tin etc) or wrap it up as a lovely little gift (the mini boxes used in the advent calendar project make an ideal gift box, see link below).