This is lovely little gift box and lid that is made with a few folds, a couple of snips with the scissors and a dollop of glue. They are so easy to make that I guarantee once youíve made one youíll be eager to make more.
Iíve used the biggest square I could get out of an A4 sheet of card, but you can make the box any size you wish, just remember to use two squares of card and that the one used for the lid must be slightly larger than the base square or it wont fit over the top of the base.
1. To make the base, take the smaller square of card and mark the centre point on the wrong side (lay the ruler across the card from one corner to the opposite corner and draw a 1-2cm line at the middle, then lay the ruler across the other two corners and mark the centre in the same way. You will now have an X marking the centre point.)
2. One at a time, fold the four corners in so they meet at the centre point. You will now have four triangles that make up a square shape.
3. Take one of the squares side edges and fold this into the centre. Do the same with the opposite edge so that they meet in the middle.
4. Open out the last two folds and then fold the other two opposite sides in the same way. Open these two fold out. You will now have a folded square in the centre with rectangles on each side and a smaller square in each corner.
5. Using the scissors, cut along the two short folded lines along one side. Then cut along the two short folded lines on the opposite side.
6. Open out the two cut sides leaving the corners in place.
7. Lift up the two triangle points in the centre and spread some glue in this middle square section, press the triangle points back down.
8. Lift up the two long folded sections that are on the same sides as the glued down triangles and fold in the square corners so that they start to form a square box shape.
9. Fold over the two remaining pointed lengths, pressing as you go and securing the triangle shaped ends on the glued base, meeting up with the other triangle shapes.
10. Now make the lid using the slightly larger piece of card in exactly the same way, adding any extra decorations you desire. Leave to dry and then use as a lovely gift box.